Overview of Payment Cards
We can settle payments made by using the following cards
Why accept credit cards?
Credit cards are the payment method of choice for international transactions in particular. As a full service provider, BS PAYONE facilitates straightforward acceptance of the following popular card brands at favourable rates.
Cards accepted by our systems and their use
Visa is one of the world’s best known credit card brands. Visa cards are issued in co-operation with banks. They can be used to make payments electronically, by paper slip (using the embossed card number) or via e-commerce or mail order.
- Approximately 400 million cards issued in Europe alone
- More than 490,000 acceptance points in Germany
- Approximately 11% of all consumer spending in Europe is done using Visa cards
- “Verified by VISA” security procedure for e-commerce
MasterCard is one of the world’s leading credit card brands. These cards are issued in co-operation with contractual partners. MasterCard acceptance is very widespread in Europe in particular, and especially in Germany.
- More than 750 million cards in 210 countries worldwide
- More than 500,000 acceptance points across Germany
- “MasterCard Secure Code” for secure online payments
Union Pay International
As well as being China’s number one cashless payment method, UPI has for many years been the world’s fastest growing credit card brand. Cardholders particularly appreciate the open spending limit, which provides them with access to the total deposits in their accounts, thereby facilitating maximum sales.
- More than 2.1 billion cards issued in 14 countries to date
- Accepted in more than 70 countries
- High average sales
JCB is the largest credit card issuer and customer acquirer in Japan. The card is most popular in Japan and Korea, although it is also widely used in Taiwan, Thailand and some countries of the Gulf region. In Europe, providers of products and services in cities and tourist destinations would be well advised to accept JCB.
- Almost 70 million cards issued worldwide
- More than 18 million acceptance points in 190 countries
Due to its special features and additional insurance mechanisms, the exclusive credit card brand American Express (Amex) is a favourite payment method for travellers in particular. Numerous companies also use it on account of the business solutions it supports as a company credit card.
- More than 82 million cardholders worldwide
- Above average card sales
Diners Club / Discover
Collaborative partnerships in the tourism and lifestyle industry make Diners Club a card that both frequent travellers and business customers like to use. For this reason, providers of products and services in the travel & entertainment sector, as well as those based in exclusive locations, would be well advised to accept Diners Club.